18 November 2009

Photographing Cotton Soft Water

[ Photographing Cotton Soft Water ]

Shooting conditions, especially side lighting at sunset, is a favorite when I ligthing landscape pictures, because in addition to a side lighting (main lighting) from the sun which makes the dimension of the subject increased, we also will have the effect of sunlight reflected by the atmosphere of air layer, which will also help raise the subject of detail, especially for the midtones.

At the same time like this we will get the color and dimension of the beautiful sky.
Techniques must be used for landscape photography that I use Hyperfocal Distance here. Manually set the camera autofocus and put focus on the hyperfocal distance I will get the sharpness (depth of field) the maximum from the foreground to infinity.

My camera settings as follows :


Camera : Nikon D90
Lens : Nikkor 17-35 f/2.8 AF
Focal Length : 17mm
ISO : 100
Speed : 6 seconds
Apperture : f/22
Filter : ND 8 and Gradual ND 9 Hard Edge
Support tool : Tripod and Realease cabel

To reduce vibration / shake due to long exposure (slow speed) I use a tripod and cable release.

As a side note to shoot lighting like this, make sure that the lenses and the filters we are clean and free of dust or water droplets to prevent flare and a stain on our shots. Always provide a clean rag in your vest pocket.

To reduce exposure to the sky, the brighter the light quality, I use a gradual ND filter 0.9 (3 stops down) Hard Edge by placing the boundary line filter right in the middle horizon. Meanwhile, to reduce exposure (overall) for the purpose of softening the water flow when the tide comes I use ND filters 8. With a combination of ND filters 8, Gradual ND 0.9, f/22, ISO 100 I get a speed of about 6 seconds, enough to make the flow of water into blur.

Exposure mode that I use A (Aperture Priority), a consideration I would be more concentrated when a big wave comes and not have to mess around with changing the exposure because the quantity of light changes. And the most thrilling moment when the waves came, I immediately pressed the cable release, and so on from a shoot I choose this one.

* I say many thanks for the knowledge I got from your book ... thank you ... you JhonTefon is my inspiration.
source : Johntefon's secret of digital manipulation.

0 komentar:

Post a Comment